Web Design services Blog
All the breaking news in internet marketing, website design and the internet in general!!
Wednesday 22 February 2012 | Neil
Twitter is a micro blogging platform, which more and more companies are starting to utilise to help grow their business online. It is reported that Twitter has over 475 million registered user accounts, and is estimated to hit the 500 million users by March 2012.
So from this you can see that Twitter is becoming a major marketing tool for many companies to help grow to a new audience. Many companies... More
Friday 2 September 2011 | Neil
For years SEO professional have being thinking that search engines have been using social media data within their ranking algorithms, but which has been denied on many occasions by Google.
Few weeks ago Google announced the new series of Google Webmaster Help Videos and requested from SEOs and Webmasters to post their questions. One of the questions that was posted was regarding Google uses Social Media data within its ranking algorithm?
Wednesday 13 July 2011 | Neil
Microsoft’s Bing has hit an all-time high market shares in June for both "core search" and "explicit search" according to the latest figures released by comScore this week. However, Unfortunately for Bing, the gains haven’t come from they main competitor, Google’s expense. Google have maintained its market share in explicit search and has also made gains in core search.
Here’s a glance at the report:
Explicit search, June 2011 (doesn’t include image/contextual/Google... More
Thursday 30 June 2011 | Neil
Google have confirmed that they have run an update to the Panda filter recently.
We have been expecting the Panda 2.2 update based on news from the SMX Advanced conference that was held in Seattle on the 7th-8th June. While presenting, Matt Cutts told SMX attendees that the Panda 2.2 update has been approved, but hasn’t been rolled out yet, but it will be happening very soon.
We believe the update hit... More
Monday 13 June 2011 | Neil
This week Google has launched the +1 button, its answer to Facebook’s ‘Like’ button. You will be able to see this within natural search engine results, however currently it is only on google.com. The idea is to allow users to recommend web pages they found to be useful or of interest. This new recommendation will also be used by Google to help determine search engine results rankings.... More
Tuesday 24 May 2011 | Neil
A new feature has been introduced to Microsoft’s search engine Bing, which allows it to integrate with Facebook. This is to help users navigate search results through the ‘likes’ of their friends on Facebook.
So to take advantage of this new tool, you will have to be sign-in to your Facebook account whilst searching within Bing, which shows users what sites and services their friends have used and recommended within the... More
Tuesday 10 May 2011 | Neil
Within the UK, Google has a very big percentage of the market share (85%) with Yahoo, Bing and Ask sharing the other 15%. So you can see why it is important to get your website listed within Google. I have come up with my top 5 tips that can head increase your ranking just by changing a few details on your website.